Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 14:40 -0700, Hubert Chan wrote:
> I assume FD is a pre-screen, so that they can send back applications
> that fail on some more obvious criteria.  DAM may need to do more
> thorough checks.  FD's checks ensure that applications that reach DAM
> are more ready to be processed, reducing DAM's load by decreasing the
> number of applications they need to go through.

This reduction of load would only be effective if the FD-step would
eliminate over 50% of candidates. Since it takes twice as much manpower
to double-check, only if the first check will reject more than half this
construction would save time. I hardly doubt it does.

And apart from that, I don't see why the pre-screening couldn't be made
into a full screening, since as Marc Brockschmidt indicated, one FD
check can take about two hours. If you spend that much time you can be
pretty certain you did a thorough check on the person, and the DAM
shouldn't have to repeat that.

Thijs