AM report for Michal Čihař

Report for new developer applicant Michal Čihař <michal@cihar.com>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 36E75604:

   ID check passed, key signed by several existing developers:
   pub   1024D/36E75604 2004-01-10
         Key fingerprint = C7DB 6D75 EEA1 FE1B A255  EF80 DC35 52E8 36E7 5604
   uid                  Michal \xc4\x8ciha\xc5\x99 <michal@cihar.com>
   sig!         9DE1EEB1 2005-06-26  Marc Brockschmidt <Marc.Brockschmidt@credativ.de>
   sig!         248AEB73 2005-06-26  Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>
   sig!         6B79D401 2005-06-26  Giunchedi Filippo <filippo@esaurito.net>
   sig!         BC7D020A 2005-06-26  Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org>
   sig!         5D64F870 2005-06-26  Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>
   sig!         41954920 2005-06-26  Frederik Schüler <fs@debian.org>
   sig!         797EBFAB 2005-06-27  Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.com>
   sig!         514B3E7C 2005-06-27  Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de>
   sig!         F2C423BC 2005-06-27  Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@bononia.it>
   sig!         EA2D2C41 2005-06-28  Mattia Dongili <malattia@linux.it>
   sig!         BD8B050D 2005-07-01  Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de>
   sig!         58510B5A 2005-07-02  Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de>
   sig!         A244C858 2005-07-20  Torsten Marek <shlomme@gmx.net>
   sig!         607559E6 2005-08-07  Benjamin Hill (Mako) <mako@atdot.cc>
   sig!         16BD77C6 2006-09-24  Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@debian.org>
   sig!2        5706A4B4 2005-06-27  Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@hogyros.de>
   sig!2        94C09C7F 2005-06-28  Peter Palfrader
   sig!3        9B7C328D 2005-06-27  Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
   sig!         FC05DA69 2005-06-26  Anand Kumria <akumria@acm.org>

   Let's test if its a version 4 or greater key: Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff:
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

   I started contribution to free software about five years ago, when
   I wanted to improve phpMyAdmin [1]. I still contribute more or less
   regularly to this project. At these times I also started to use
   Debian GNU/Linux as my primary desktop and server operating system.

   Later I needed software for work with my mobile phone and thats why
   KAlcatel [2] has been written. Unfortunately it has too many design
   flaws to become general application and because of that I later
   moved my contributions to Gammu [3]. As first I improved support
   for phones and later I wrote GUI for which is called Wammu [4].

   This time also begins my history of creating Debian packages when I
   started to provide gammu related packages in my repository. More
   than a year ago I decided that it would be good to have these
   packages in distribution. Some of DDs seemed to be interested in
   pushing them in, but they never did, so I started to look for
   sponsors of my packages.

   My first package [5] has been upload about year ago. Right now I
   maintain six source packages [6] and would like to maintain few
   more, but finding sponsor is not an easy task.

   [1]: http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
   [2]: http://cihar.com/alcatel/main.php/page2.en.html
   [3]: http://www.gammu.org/
   [4]: http://cihar.com/gammu/wammu
   [5]: http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/enca.html
   [6]: http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=michal@cihar.com

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Michal has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures. He answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and
   DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Michal has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   All his packages are in good shape. He also answered my other
   questions regarding T&S without problems and provided a patch for
   an RC bug.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account: nijel
   Forward-Email: michal@cihar.com

Christoph
--