AM Report for Stefan Fritsch

Report for new developer applicant Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xC1F24EA4:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from several DDs

   Output from keycheck.sh 0xC1F24EA4
   pub   1024D/C1F24EA4 2002-06-18
   Key fingerprint = A7AC 14AC E268 FDCC 4F85  72C9 6F17 A5AF C1F2 4EA4
   uid                  Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de>
   sig!         1BF8DE0F 2005-02-14  Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de>
   sig!2        5706A4B4 2004-10-31  Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@hogyros.de>
   sig!3        C1F24EA4 2004-08-06  Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de>
   sig!         32EC6F3E 2005-01-21  Bastian Kleineidam <calvin@debian.org>
   sig!         4B3A135C 2005-10-13  Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org>
   sig!         807CAC25 2006-02-25  Michael Ablassmeier (abi) <abi@grinser.de>
   sig!         FC05DA69 2005-06-08  Anand Kumria <akumria@acm.org>
   [ ... ]

   Key is ok

   Applicant writes:
   I have maintained a single package, mp3gain, for nearly a year
   now. However, it was when Joey Hess called for volunteers with the
   testing security team when I finally decided to get more deeply
   involved with Debian. I think having working security support in
   testing would be a great benefit to many Debian users. It is also
   a way to give something back to the free software community whose
   software I have used for more than 10 years.

   While I now have also a second package (sam2p) which is currently
   in the NEW queue and will probably package and sponsor a few more,
   I expect my main contribution to Debian to be in the security
   area.

   I had a first look at Linux quite a long time ago (the version was
	   0.99pl15, I think) but stayed with OS/2 for some time yet. With
   not so much software available for OS/2, I soon recognized the
   advantages of free, portable open source software. I finally moved
   to Linux around 1997. My first contact with Debian was quite a bit
   later (2002) when I had to reinstall Linux on some Alphas, and
   Debian was the only distribution left that still actively
   supported this architecture. Since I liked the way Debian works, I
   soon installed it on all other computers I was responsible for,
   and have used it since then.

   Google showed up that Stefan is very active in the opensource community for
   a very long time. He is also a member of the testing security team.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Stefan has a stong understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS very good and very complete way.

3. Tasks and Skills
   Stefan is Maintainer of mp3gain and sam2p, all Packages in Debian (sponsored
   by me and others). He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:  sf
   Forward-Email: sf@sfritsch.de

Alex