AM report for José L. Redrejo

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x66A90DE2:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from 2 existing DD, Santiago Vila and
   Jordi Mallach.

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x66A90DE2:

     pub   1024D/66A90DE2 2004-08-03
           Key fingerprint = 4491 BB79 CD5A D94A 6681  4B0C 9AA5 51D9 66A9 0DE2
     uid                  José L. Redrejo Rodríguez <jredrejo@edu.juntaextremadura.ne
     t>
     sig!         3EF23CD6 2004-08-07  Santiago Vila <sanvila@debian.org>
     sig!3        917A225E 2004-11-12  Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>
     sig!3        66A90DE2 2004-08-03  José L. Redrejo Rodríguez <jredrejo@edu.juntae
     xtremadura.net>
     sig!3        66A90DE2 2004-08-08  José L. Redrejo Rodríguez <jredrejo@edu.juntae
     xtremadura.net>
     uid                  José L. Redrejo Rodríguez <jredrejo@merida.uned.es>
     sig!3        917A225E 2004-11-12  Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>
     sig!3        66A90DE2 2004-08-08  José L. Redrejo Rodríguez <jredrejo@edu.juntae
     xtremadura.net>
     sub   2048g/4DE795AF 2004-08-03
     sig!         66A90DE2 2004-08-03  José L. Redrejo Rodríguez <jredrejo@edu.juntae
     xtremadura.net>

     Key is ok
     Check for key expire stuff
     Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

     I am thirty six years old, and have being programing since I was sixteen
     with the first computer I saw: a Sinclair Spectrum 48k. Thanks to this
     machine I learnt BASIC, and later z-80 code to program more efficient
     tricks and small animations for school. I went to the university, then I
     began to work in different private companies, and about 1995 I became a
     secondary school teacher, specialized in vocational teaching , and
     dedicating my free time as a freelance engineer making automation
     projects. During all this years I learnt and use different systems and
     languages.  In 1996, I met Antonio Ullán at the high school where we
     worked. He was also working in the university and a colleague of him,
     Santiago Vila (svila@debian.org) , had shown him a syste m that could be
     installed from a floppy and an Internet connection: It was Linux, in
     fact, it was Debian. Antonio and me liked that "system" a lot, and very
     soon we set it up in our school a server, with file sharing , mail
     accounts, and  virtual classrooms using auc (http://auc.sourcefor
     ge.net/).

     Translating AUC into spanish was my first contribution to open source
     comunity. Some years passed and I moved to some other high schools in
     different towns. Depending on the subjects I taught and on my colleagues
     I continued using Debian whenever I could do it.  In April ,2002, my
     regional government launched the gnuLinEx project
     (http://www.linex.org/linex2/linex/ingles/index_ing.html)  and I went to
     see the official presentation. After the speechs and during the coffee
     break, I met a guy who I haven't met before and told him some negative
     points about the project. He asked me my email, and a couple of days
     later asked me to go to his office. He (Jesús Rubio) was the person in
     charge of the project, but I didn't know it. He asked me some opinions,
     and we spent a good time sharing ideas. When he knew I used Debian he
     asked me to give a training course to some of the people involved in the
     project. I called Antonio Ullán again to help me in that course.  There,
     we saw some limitations in the distro and we fixed them and gave it back
     to the project manager. After that, they asked us to be the technical
     people in charge of the development of the distribution and we accepted.
     Since that moment, and until today, we have being using Debian as the
     basis for LinEx, and making modifications, noticing and fixing bugs
     (sending the patches to the upstream authors or Debian maintainers) and
     doing some Debian packages for non-packaged applications that could be
     good for our goals.