Report for Debian Developer Applicant Philipp Hug <debian@hug.cx>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x27FCEB27:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by three DD, namly fjp, madduck and me.

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x27FCEB27
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   pub   1024D/27FCEB27 2002-05-08
         Key fingerprint = 5C2A 8674 1E39 76BA D91F  203A 6993 7E9B 27FC EB27
   uid                  Philipp Hug <philipp@hug.cx>
   sig!         5D64F870 2006-02-27  Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>
   sig!         1E880A84 2006-03-02  Frans Pop (Debian) <aragorn@tiscali.nl>
   sig!2        330C4A75 2004-09-04  Martin F. Krafft <mail@martin-krafft.net>
   [...]
   137 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has an expiration date of 2007-11-10.

   Applicant writes:
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   | I'm 24, live in Switzerland where I work as a software developer and
   | sysadmin. I had my fist encounter with GNU/Linux in 1996 but it took
   | another 3 years until I really switched to Linux.
   | Since then, ??I tried to convince everyone to use Linux (at least on
   | their servers) and was successful most of the times.
   | 3 years ago a friend of mine gave me a demo of Debian's apt-get package
   | manager and I was really impressed. It solved the nasty problem of
   | updating production servers without downtime. Before Debian, we always
   | installed a new machine and migrated the services.
   | Within a year almost all servers were migrated to Debian GNU/Linux and
   | it was declared our official internal Linux distribution.
   [...]
   | Involvment in Debian:
   | Currently I do have 2 packages in the Debian archive. mnogosearch,
   | which I took over from Craig Small (seeS) and DRBD, wich I'm currently
   | co-maintaing with Cyril Bouthors (The current maintainer David Krovic
   | is not active anymore, but he's still listed as maintainer)
   [...]
   | Why do I want to be a DD?
   | Well, packaging stuff is definitely possible even if you're not a DD,
   | but it is a real pain.
   | for example, if there's just a small bug to fix, I can't just upload a
   | a new version.
    [...]

2. Philosophy and Procedures