AM report for Emfox Zhou

Report for new developer applicant Emfox Zhou <emfoxzhou@gmail.com>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xF7142EC2:

   Output from keycheck.sh 0xF7142EC2

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key F7142EC2 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
pub   1024D/F7142EC2 2005-09-16
      Key fingerprint = 7E74 053E 142D B9CC 3131  11B8 F8C4 1B2C F714 2EC2
uid                  Emfox Zhou (WeiZhou) <emfoxzhou@gmail.com>
sig!         98FAA0AD 2005-10-17  Roger So <rogerso@debian.org>
sig!3        F7142EC2 2005-09-16  Emfox Zhou (WeiZhou) <emfoxzhou@gmail.com>
sub   2048g/13F38C55 2005-09-16
sig!         F7142EC2 2005-09-16  Emfox Zhou (WeiZhou) <emfoxzhou@gmail.com>

3 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   ID Check passed, Key signed by existing DD, Roger So

   Applicant writes:
   -----------------

Hello, I am a student from ZheJiang University, China, and my major is
Automation, Electric Engineering. I happened to use Redhat in my senior
school once, but that's all, I'm very busy in the period of time. After
entering the unviversity, I started to learning GNU/Linux enthusiasm,
and choosed Debian as my only system in my personal computer (not only
Linux, there's also a Debian GNU/Hurd  :) . I set a ZJU LUG together
with some of my good friends, they also like free software very much.
Then we started to promote GNU, Linux, Debian, all of the FREE related
things, we held several mini-confs and many lectures for beginners. we
got more and more students, even teachers involed in our activities. And
now most of the free software users(i may say individual users, exactly)
in ZJU use Debian GNU/Linux, from the benifit of our great mirror, which
holds different kind of dists such as Debian, Gentoo, and
FedoraCore/Redhat, and even GnuAB for Hurd, and we have a unofficial
debian repository called 'debian-zju', which I made it using 'debpool',
holding some chinese related stuffs and softs, the developing is also
active.

I involved in Debian directly by reporting several bugs, such as
'im-switch' which is input method related, and localechooser which
wrongly setted the zh_CN locale after default installation for
Simplified Chinese, and i've attended a BSP with 0-day NMU. although
they are very trivial things.

I'd be very likely to work in Debian with Chinese i18n and l10n support.
I care most of the related things, like fonts and input methods for Chinese.
My Goal is to make Debian as a good dist, that we need very few steps to
configure and use for a average Chinese user. Of course, I'll package
and test any good piece of software that I happened to be interested,
like my currently maintaining ones.

   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without many
   problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account: emfox
   Forward-Email: emfoxzhou@gmail.com

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D