AM report for Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>

Report for Debian Developer Applicant Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with Keyid 0x09C5B094:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by some DDs.

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x09C5B094
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   pub   1024D/09C5B094 2000-01-10
         Key fingerprint = 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76  A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
   uid                  Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
   sig!         42BD645D 2000-01-16  Alexander Zangerl <az@snafu.priv.at>
   gpg: NOTE: signature key BC185AB3 expired Tue Sep 13 11:53:32 2005 CEST
   gpg: NOTE: signature key BC185AB3 expired Tue Sep 13 11:53:32 2005 CEST
   sig!         BC185AB3 2002-10-06  Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@debian.org>
   sig!         5BFA90EC 2006-03-29  Atsuhito KOHDA <kohda@debian.org>
   sig!3        68FD549F 2002-10-01  Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
   sig!3        211B1025 2006-04-12  Jochen Voss <voss@seehuhn.de>
   sig!3        D75F8533 2006-04-24  Josselin Mouette <joss@malsain.org>
   sig!3        09C5B094 2000-01-10  Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
   sub   1024g/DDDD9500 2000-01-10
   sig!         09C5B094 2000-01-10  Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>

   9 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is ok

   Applicant writes:
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   I studied mathematics at the University of Technology, Vienna, and did
   use computers only for academic work, as I didn't have one at home. When
   it was time to write my thesis I bought my first computer and Alex
   Zangerl, who studied with me - at this time already a seasoned PC
   hacker (in the good sense) helped me getting linux running in the first
   place. At this time it was AFAIR SuSE Linux 5.something.
   [...]
   So more than a year ago first plans started to use the TeX live internal
   package management concept to generate Debian packages for TeX live.
   Well, nothing more about this, it is a long story, but something like
   one month ago these packages made it into Debian/experimental for now
   (see http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html for more details).
   In the course of the development of these packages I have actively
   participated in the development of the TeX Policy
   (http://people.debian.org/~frank/Debian-TeX-Policy/), the tex-common
   package, and general teTeX development. Furthermore, I have taken over
   the long quasi-orphaned texinfo package, and spinned off the cm-super
   package from the pts-tetex-cm-super package (with Maintainer approval)
   to get teTeX3 compliance. Furthermore I updated together with Florent
   Rougon the lmodern font pack which was orphaned. Finally I initiated the
   forming of a Debian TeX Task Force which should pool our forced for the
   support of TeX in Debian.

   I guess you got the idea about what area I am interested in, it is TeX,
   TeX and friends in Debian.

   Plans I want to accomplish: Puhhh, well ATM I have enough work to
   prepare packages of TeX live for upload to unstable ;-) Let's put it
   this way: I want that Debian has the most up-to-date and complete TeX
   support of all the distributions, and this is not `per se', but for me
   tha ability to read and write in my native language - and especially if
   it is *not* written in ASCII, not latinX - at least TeX documents,
   should be possible in Debian.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Norbert has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He was able to provide fine answer to all my questions about
   the Social Contract, the DFSG and the BTS.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Norbert is Maintainer of texinfo, cm-super, the texlive suite and some other
   packages in Debian.
   He answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:       preining
   Forward-Email: preining@logic.at

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
11: Swapspace