Re: Proposal: The future of the Debian NM process

cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
I agree with a lower limit, but I think it would be better of to specify it in terms of "certain number of uploads" as opposed to "some time limit": I might have done 1 upload and just wait a 3 months, or I could have done several uploads over that same period
I think there are far better measures of packaging ability than number of uploads! I'd guess http://bugs.debian.org/packagename is probably one of the most important.

Doing one well-tested, reasonably bug-free upload over three months means far more, I think, than a buggy upload followed by ten more to fix it bit by bit. I know which package I'd rather have on my system!