AM report for Al Nikolov <alnikolov@narod.ru>

Report for new developer applicant Al Nikolov <alnikolov@narod.ru>

   I recommend to accept Al Nikolov as new Debian Developer.

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x2ECF984B

   ID Check passed, Key signed by at least one existing Debian Developer,
   Roger So <rogerso@debian.org> (and many others, as you can see).

   pub   1024D/2ECF984B 2004-03-29
      Key fingerprint = 4B50 F1E3 080C 21A2 91F4  8BF0 CD60 3B5A 2ECF 984B
   uid                  Alexei Nikolov (passport id) <alnikolov@narod.ru>
   sig!         98FAA0AD 2005-07-15  Roger So <rogerso@debian.org>
   sig!         52B7487E 2005-07-15  Steinar H. Gunderson <sesse@debian.org>
   sig!         4743206C 2005-07-15  Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breitner.de>
   sig!         5D64F870 2005-07-15  Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>
   sig!         534584E8 2005-07-15  Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@debian.org>
   sig!         5F6D8015 2005-07-15  Kalle Kivimaa <killer@killeri.net>
   [ snipped the signatures not from 2005-07-15, as he was at the KSP last year's debconf ]

   Applicant writes:

   --8<-------------------------------------------------------->8---

   I'm 33 y.o. citizen of Russian Federation living at Saint-Petersburg. I
   work/live in IT for 15 years, mostly as system administrator. Looking for
   community I have start participating in local FIDOnet branch as node
   (2:5030/249) and adopted ideas of freedom and opennes. Later, I realized that
   there's software much more stable that MS-based-world, providing much more
   ways to acquire results, to explore technology etc (and suitable points of
   view). At last it all (well, pretty all) is based on voluntary efforts,
   "internally honest", and reflects my personal attitude, mostly opposite to
   the commercial mainstream and its obscure way. Surfing Linux-based
   distributions I have choose Debian project for its constitutional anarchic
   system and goal to remain free for all declared in its Social Contract. Also
   I like its non-retentive concept covering more that only Linux-based systems.

   Currently I advocate Debian GNU/Linux for several years, do
   bugreporting/patching, debianize software of interest.

   --8<-------------------------------------------------------->8---

   He maintains one package in Debian, proxycheck.

   Searching the web for him reveals some mails asking or contributing, not
   only on Debian, but also e.g. Samba-TNG or cpan.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------

   Al demonstrated a fair understanding of Debian's Philosophy and Procedures.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

   Al is maintainer of proxycheck.  The package is present in the linux
   archive, and seem to be - as far as I could judge - in good shape.

   He also answered my questions regarding T&S.

4. Account information
----------------------

   Preferred account name: clown
   Address to forward E-Mails to: alnikolov@narod.ru

5. Attachments

   [ not part of the public report ]

   GPG Key with ID 0x2ECF984B

   Recommendation of the advocate and logs of the discussions with applicant.
   [in text-format and as mbox]

Cheers,
Andi

--