Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:41:05 +0200 (CEST), "Thijs Kinkhorst" <kink@squirrelmail.org> said:

> It gets tiresome to ping a sponsor multiple times for each upload,
> time and time again. It gets the speed out of development and is
> wasted time.

A couple of my sponsors are pretty busy.  Sometimes they are pretty
quick in dealing with my packages, but once in a while, I have to prod
them several times.  I appreciate the work that they do (they've caught
a few bugs that I've made), but I think it will be easier for both of us
when I can finally do the uploads on my own.

> If you see the number of (suspected) MIA maintainers, of packages up
> for adoption or orphaned, combined with the increase in the number of
> packages, Debian can use a lot more help.

I think that if we add more developers, the amount of work will increase
faster.  People usually don't become Debian Developers in order to help
with packages or adopt packages.  Most people become DDs in order to
maintain their own packages.

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)