Re: Queue processing

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 10:28:08AM -0700, Troy Heber wrote:
> On 11/14/05 11:10, Martin Wuertele wrote:

> > It's not a FIFO queue, it's up to the DAM to decide in what order he
> > processes the applicants. The same applies for the FD queue: they try to
> > match applicants with suitable AMs. This is nothing personal it might
> > take longer to go through all of the correspondence for one applicant
> > than it takes for another one. Please be patient, I'm sure your
> > application will be processed soon.

> I understand why there are differences in AM assignment and the FD
> queue. However, the process is pretty broken if someone can be waiting
> in the DAM queue, this mean having completed everything ask of them
> already, another NM *applies* for NM and still manages pass through
> first. Let me reiterate he applied for NM after I was sitting in the
> DAM queue! This is so disproportional that it does not make sense.

> This is a perfect example of why people get so frustrated with the NM
> process. In reality the NM process is not a process because it is
> non-deterministic. As you say, "it's up to the DAM to decide".

Well, to give people the benefit of the doubt, it may be that Joerg *has*
worked on your application several times, but has repeatedly gotten to a
sticking point which required another round of correspondence with your AM?
Have you talked to your AM to see whether this is the case?

I do note that https://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=troy.heber@hp.com
shows a "time of last action" in September; so indeed, it doesn't look as
though you're being repeatedly passed over, but that *something* is
happening -- just not the something you're looking for yet. :)