Re: SRPM to Debian Framework

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 01:59:33AM +0200, Ram Kumar DANGETI wrote:
> Hi,
>        Just wondering whether it could be easy to build a framework or
> a package in python or perl which could convert an SRPM into a deb
> package.
>        As far as extracting the tgz and spec file from a SRPM is
> concerned, rpm2cpio could be handy, but will it be easy automate the
> deb package build process by using the information in the spec file
> and the source files in the archive?
>        Is there any example showing how we can manually accomplish this task.
>        Thankyou and hope to hear from you regarding this.
> regards,
> ram.

Sorry, but how is this in any way on-topic for debian-newmaint?

"Discussion about the Debian New Maintainer process,
 application manager reports etc."

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //