AM report for Juergen Salk <juergen.salk@gmx.de>

Report for new developer applicant Juergen Salk <juergen.salk@gmx.de>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with Keyid 0xA997BA7A:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by one existing DD, Joerg Wendland (joergland).

   Output from keycheck.sh 0xA997BA7A
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   pub   1024D/A997BA7A 2003-01-27
         Key fingerprint = 87FC DA31 5F00 C885 0DC3  E28F BD0D 4B33 A997 BA7A
   uid                  Juergen Salk <juergen.salk@highx.de>
   sig!3        51CF8417 2004-12-09  Joerg Wendland <joergland@debian.org>
   [...]
   11 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is ok

   Applicant writes:
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   | I've been working with unixoid systems since 1991. Started with
   | AIX during my particle physics research work at CERN. Switched
   | over to HP-UX and Sun-OS in 1994 when I changed to medical
   | physics in radiation oncology.  In 1997 I've installed Linux on
   | my personal computer to have a similar working environment at
   | home for a research project. In all honesty, I didn't expect too
   | much from it at this time, but finally found myself deeply
   | impressed  by the quality and quantity of software that I came
   | across.  In the aftermath of that, more and more of my
   | applications migrated to Linux, both at home and at work.
   | And the more I got engaged in the ideas of free software, the
   | more I felt obliged to give something back to the community.
   | I use Debian GNU/Linux almost exclusively, as I appreciate its
   | general "openness", i.e. its high degree of transparency in how
   | it evolves.  However, I am somewhat frustrated by its weak degree
   | of awareness and spreading in the medical physics world. In 2003
   | I was able to convince the leader of the DGMP [1] working group
   | 'Computers in Radiooncology' to have the annual meeting devoted
   | to the benefits of free software in healthcare. As I took
   | a modest part in the organization of this meeting, I also invited
   | the maintainer of Debian-Med to give a talk about his project.
   | Shortly after that, a discussion came up on the debian-med
   | mailinglist about making an official package of the DCMTK DICOM
   | toolkit[2,3]. I soon became involved and finally took a
   | substantial part in packaging DCMTK for Debian.
   |
   | My plans are to keep on working on the DCMTK packages. I'd
   | like to support Debian as a working environment in general
   | by helping to improve the quality of the current packages
   | and by identifying useful software projects especially for
   | medical physicists.
   |
   | [1] http://www.dgmp.de
   | [2] http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk
   | [3] http://packages.debian.org/testing/source/dcmtk

   Marcus Rutschmann (rudi)).
   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:       jsa
   Forward-Email: juergen.salk@gmx.de

Marc
--
$_=')(hBCdzVnS})3..0}_$;//::niam/s~=)]3[))_$(rellac(=_$({pam(esrever })e$.)4/3*
)e$(htgnel+23(rhc,"u"(kcapnu ,""nioj ;|_- |/+9-0z-aZ-A|rt~=e$;_$=e${pam tnirp{y