Re: NM status: separate DAM approval and account creation?

On 10246 March 1977, ivan-debian-newmaint@420.am wrote:

BTW: Ivan Kohler, why dont you write your full name when you write such
amusing mails? We need that for our fortune databases.

>> > Joerg, in his current position, is completely redundant
>> Oh thanks. So I should go?
> If you're not going to MANAGE ACCOUNTS as you were appointed to do,
> then, yes, please step down from the role of Debian ACCOUNTS MANAGER.

So you clearly have not a single bit of knowledge how it works.
Nice to know.

> The situation is now *worse* than before, we're giving our applicants
> the impression that the process is getting unclogged and that they are
> finally complete but in reality they're still waiting indefinately on
> the same inactive single person to actually create new accounts.

Oh yeah, we only had 39 new Accounts in 3 months. Its
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worse compared to what we had
before.

>> Maybe to take away some load from James?  Like - reading the whole
>> stuff, looking what he did/does and actually deciding "Yes, I think he
>> would give a good DD"? And take the responsibility if you make crap with it.
> You weren't appointed to "Back Desk" or "DAM helper" - you were
> appointed to DAM.  Please fulfull the responsibilities of that role or
> step down.  If you just want to approve applications, then ask to be
> re-appointed to "Back Desk" and let's have someone else appointed as an
> additional DAM.

Like you?

--
bye Joerg
<liw> we have release cycles, that's why it takes so long to get a