Re: NM status: separate DAM approval and account creation?

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 10:32:20PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 10246 March 1977, Brian Nelson wrote:
>
> > The front desk already reviews every report for completeness and
> > correctness when they are submitted.  No report should be getting to the
> > DAM that isn't ready for approval.
>
> So why then are some on Hold?
> Why is there the possibility for a DAM to reject, for FrontDesk not?
> (They can send back to AM, but not reject an NM if AM thinks its ready).

Checks and balances.

> > Joerg, in his current position, is completely redundant
>
> Oh thanks. So I should go?

If you're not going to MANAGE ACCOUNTS as you were appointed to do,
then, yes, please step down from the role of Debian ACCOUNTS MANAGER.

The situation is now *worse* than before, we're giving our applicants
the impression that the process is getting unclogged and that they are
finally complete but in reality they're still waiting indefinately on
the same inactive single person to actually create new accounts.

> > and is no different from a front desk member.  I can only assume that
> > he will get full account creation rights in the near future, once he's become
> > comfortable with the role.  Otherwise, I don't see any reason as to why
> > he's been promoted to "DAM" if he has no power to manage accounts.
>
> Maybe to take away some load from James?  Like - reading the whole
> stuff, looking what he did/does and actually deciding "Yes, I think he
> would give a good DD"? And take the responsibility if you make crap with it.

You weren't appointed to "Back Desk" or "DAM helper" - you were
appointed to DAM.  Please fulfull the responsibilities of that role or
step down.  If you just want to approve applications, then ask to be
re-appointed to "Back Desk" and let's have someone else appointed as an
additional DAM.

--
_ivan