AM Report for Margarita Manterola <debian@marga.com.ar>

Report for new developer applicant Margarita Manterola <debian@marga.com.ar>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x5B48FFAE

   ID Check passed, Key signed from at least 34 existing DD,

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x5B48FFAE

pub  1024D/5B48FFAE 2004-05-18 Margarita Manterola <gnu@marga.com.ar>
     Key fingerprint = CB27 020A 4D0F 68ED 63CF  F1CC 940B 94C7 5B48 FFAE
sig!2       1CDB0FE3 2004-06-26   Henrique de Moraes Holschuh (daily use key) <hmh@rcm.org.br>
sig!3       8F068012 2004-05-31   Andrew McMillan (Andrew @ Work) <andrew@catalyst.net.nz>
sig!3       817A996A 2004-06-24   Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no>
sig!3       797EBFAB 2004-10-20   Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>
sig!3       3FCC2A90 2004-11-21   Amaya Rodrigo Sastre <amaya@debian.org>
sig!2       5706A4B4 2004-05-31   Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@hogyros.de>
sig!2       3F3E6426 2004-06-01   Guido Guenther <agx@sigxcpu.org>
sig!2       72D03CB1 2004-06-05   Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org>
sig!2       515F9B74 2004-06-06   Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@debian.org>
sig!2       AE4B5D92 2004-06-07   Scott M. Dier <sdier@debian.org>
sig!2       2BE16D01 2004-09-14   Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org>
sig!3       75BE8097 2004-05-31   Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
sig!3       44779E18 2004-05-31   Fabio M. Di Nitto <fabbione@debian.org>
sig!3       74E0B766 2004-05-31   Andreas Mueller <amu@debian.org>
sig!3       C02440B8 2004-06-01   Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
sig!3       29982E5A 2004-06-02   Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@stuntcomputing.com>
sig!3       C0143D2D 2004-06-02   Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.homeunix.org>
sig!3       E0D49E99 2004-06-06   Changwoo Ryu <cwryu@debian.org>
sig!3       8BB527AF 2004-06-06   Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org>
sig!3       88C7C1F7 2004-06-06   Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
sig!3       19A42D19 2004-06-07   dann frazier <dannf@fc.hp.com>
sig!3       7B8357E5 2004-06-07   Andreas Schuldei (debian developer) <andreas@debian.org>
sig!3       0A0AC927 2004-06-08   LaMont Jones <lamont@debian.org>
sig!3       5B430367 2004-06-08   Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li>
sig!3       882A6C4B 2004-06-09   Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
sig!3       55815D42 2004-06-09   Daniel Ruoso <ruoso@debian.org>
sig!3       307D56ED 2004-06-10   Noèl Köthe <noel@debian.org>
sig!3       1BF8DE0F 2004-06-10   Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de>
sig!3       864826C3 2004-06-12   GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.org>
sig!3       3E8DCCC0 2004-06-12   Martin Wuertele <martin@wuertele.net>
sig!3       66F24521 2004-06-14   Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>
sig!3       607559E6 2004-06-24   Benjamin Hill (Mako) <mako@debian.org>
sig!3       2A30D729 2004-07-26   Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@debian.org>
sig!3       46F3212D 2004-06-08   LaMont Jones <lamont@debian.org>
(...) other UIDs skipped

   Applicant writes:

   > I came to GNU/Linux through my husband (Maximiliano Curia, also in the NM
   > process) in 2000.  He was the one that introduced me to the Free Software
   > philosophy, and I became involved immediately, not because of a
   > technological point of view, but because of the philosophical aspects.
   > During 2002 we founded a LUG in our university, forming an awesome group of
   > people, most of them Debian Fans.  After some time, we installed our own
   > gforge server and started generating our own software, eventually
   > encouraging all us to give more and more time to free software.
   >
   > For a long while, I didn't think I wanted to be a package maintainer, I
   > considered myself a "Debian Bug Reporter", I reported lots of bugs, and
   > many of my friends got used to reporting their bugs to me, so that I
   > reported them back to Debian, I was a "Bug Reporting Proxy" :).
   >
   > But after being at Debconf4 I realized that the only way to help improve
   > Debian and make it really better was to become part of the Developer
   > team.  Also, I had not been interested in maintaining packages, mainly
   > because everything that I used was already packaged, and I found it silly
   > to package a useless package just to say "Hey, I'm a package maintainer".
   > But one day I found that a package that I really needed was not being
   > cared enough by its maintainer and ended up adopting it.  Package
   > maintaining acquired a complete different meaning for me after that day.
   >
   > My main goal in working for Debian is to help the whole project fulfill
   > the "Our Priorities are Our Users" part of the Social Contract.  The
   > whole phrase is "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software", and
   > while the "Free Software" part has a lot of people working on it, the
   > "Our Users" part seems to be of less importance.
   >
   > So, what I want to do is not just maintain packages, but make Debian
   > packages work as the users expect them to work, make sure the packages a
   > user wants to be installed are installed by the default tasks, make sure
   > everything is properly translated (I can do Spanish translations, but I'm
   > talking about encouraging other languages as well, and also making sure
   > that all the locales are properly set when installed), make sure the
   > documentation is ready to use in an easy way (/usr/share/doc seems not to
   > be a very "intuitive" location for newbies), etc.  All of this is QA
   > work, that has to be done in coordination with the debian-installer and
   > the debian-translation teams.
   >
   > I realize that I can do all this without actually being a DD, but also I
   > know that being a DD will aid me a lot in achieving these goals.

   She also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

3a. Advocate is writing (DAM)
-----------------------------

I want to advocate Margarita mostly because I had the chance to work
with her during Debconf4 and discovered then that she could bring to
Debian her general skills on Linux systems, as well as a tremendous
pugnacity in tracking down usability bugs and carefully testing
developments.

Her contribution to the Spanish localization has already been
important enough for grating her some serious consideration.

3b. Personal comment about Applicant (DAM)

Margarita answered all my questions in a precise way, is very active at bug
squashing parties, Spanish translations and around debian-women.

   I recommend to accept her as a Debian Developer.
   Account: marga
   Forward-Email: debian@marga.com.ar

Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> ---- Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal Operation System
<jbailey> While I would be incredibly sad if something untoward were to