AM Report for Adeodato Simó

Report for new developer applicant Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es>.

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
Check with key ID DA6AE621:

ID Check passed, key signed by developer Jordi Mallach.

Output for keycheck.sh DA6AE621:

  pub   1024D/DA6AE621 2003-10-07
        Key fingerprint = 7F9A D2AD CD37 37FD 60FD  0A11 4F1A 998E DA6A E621
  uid                  Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es>
  sig!3        917A225E 2004-10-27  Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>
  sig!3        DA6AE621 2003-10-07  Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es>
  sig!3        DA6AE621 2004-08-29  Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es>
  uid                  Adeodato Simó <adeodato.simo@hispalinux.es>
  sig!3        917A225E 2004-10-27  Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>
  sig!3        DA6AE621 2004-08-29  Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es>
  sig!3        DA6AE621 2003-10-07  Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es>
  sub   1024D/D1C41882 2004-12-29
  sig!         DA6AE621 2004-12-29  Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es>
  sub   2048g/B9D4F517 2003-10-07
  sig!         DA6AE621 2003-10-07  Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es>

  8 signatures not checked due to missing keys
  Key is ok

Adeodato Simó writes:

  I came to know Linux during my first year at University, where I still
  study Computer Science, and I did my first install of Debian (Woody)
  at home on Dec 2002. I quickly learnt to use and to appreciate the new
  system, but I also discovered and found appealing how it was produced:
  in a collaborative fashion among people from all over the world. Then,
  I learnt _why_ was that scheme possible at all: because of the freedom
  that authors had given to their software -- which strikes me as a
  powerful reason to value that freedom.

  My first steps in Debian were with the mutt package, which I
  co-maintain with Marco d'Itri; I remember those first uploads making
  me certainly happy, when seeing my work being useful to others. Then,
  I became a little involved with the KDE packages in Debian, involvement
  which has been growing since then and which now constitutes most of my
  work here. KDE packaging has given me the opportunity to work in a
  team, and I value that. For me, it is highly rewarding to work close
  to other people.

  Also, I like to have a picture of Debian both as a whole and in
  detail. For this, I particularly enjoy learning about other people's
  jobs, e.g., "how do the Release Managers work?" This, aside from
  providing valuable knowledge, allows me to get the big picture a
  little better, of how the big machine that Debian is gets to get
  things done, and to know the internals of other parts of the Project.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------
Adeodato has a flawless understanding of Debian's philosophy and
procedures.  He provided exceptional answers to all my questions about
the Social Contract, DFSG, and other Debianisms.

He's also a co-maintainer of mutt and KDE.  In addition, he's been
involved in the release process, helping to fix the libflac breakage
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/01/msg00434.html) and did
quite a bit of work to get KDE 3.3 into testing.  Furthermore, he's done
extensive (and much needed) bug triaging for KDE.

Adeodato answered my questions regarding T&S flawlessly.  In fact, for
all of the NM Q&A stuff, he seemed to have more knowledge about nearly
every subject than I.

I neglected to include a package review in the full report since I
already reviewed his amarok package for sponsorship before I took on
Adeodato as an NM.  It was and still is, of course, very well packaged.

I recommend Adeodato be moved to the front of the NM queue and be
accepted as a Debian developer ASAP.  He's already one of the most
knowledgeable and courteous people I've met in Debian and is doing too
much valuable work for Debian to be held back any longer.

He's by far the best NM I've encountered, including myself. ;)

Account: adeodato
Forward-Email: asp16@alu.ua.es