Re: Misc web page changes, possible breakage

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 10:40:54AM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 10:26:19AM -0500, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> I'd like to see the process more open so that others may participate.  I
> envision something similar to how licenses are reviewed on
> debian-legal--licenses are sent to debian-legal questioning their
> freeness, and it is discussed among the participants until a rough
> consensus is reached.  If any particular developer is too busy to
> participate, they simply don't and no harm is done.  This sort of system
> could be applied to the NM process something like this:

Wow, that sounds like a great idea! I agree with it wholeheartedly.

The only disadvantage I see is that this seems to necessitate an
immediate action on an application. Occasionally applicants are left
for a while at the DAM stage for reasons like "they haven't done much
for Debian recently", etc. There may be legitimate reasons to put off
a decision, and that becomes difficult in this situation.

This is a minor disadvantage compared to the advantages.

--
Duncan Findlay