Re: Misc web page changes, possible breakage

On Friday 17 December 2004 01:43, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 07:38:09PM -0500, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> > >   While I was at it, I fixed a number of inconsistencies, ran the
> > > site through http://validator.w3.org/ and refactored quite a bit
> > > of code to get rid of code duplication.  Except for some minor
> > > user-visible improvements, the site should still be the same;
> > > however, if there is any breakage, please let me know (or if you
> > > have any other good ideas about how to make things clearer).
> >
> > I would like the site much better if the "Applicants waiting for
> > DAM approval" section of the page were shorter. :-)
>
> Indeed... that would be great improvement ;)

Certainly. This concerns me as well.

To me it looks like no applicants have been approved since early March
this year. That is almost 10 months! Can this really be?

<http://www.debian.org/intro/organization> and
<http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint> lists Troup and Schulze as
DAMs. Is this info still accurate/up-to-date? I realize this may be a
touchy subject, but here goes... Both are very hard-working DDs doing
lots of important stuff for the project in many ways, and as such it is
my personal opinion/estimate that 1 or 2 more (less burdened) DAMs
could really improve the current situation.

And I'm not here to discredit the DAMs. Not at all. In fact I look up to
a DD like Joey Schulze - whom I've had the pleasure of meeting in
person - he does so much more for Debian than I will ever be able to
do, but I still believe the current DAM situation is sub optimal.

I realize this is a /big/ trust issue since we are talking account
creation, but still, I'm sure our DPL can find someone in who he fully
trusts a DAM role to cooperate with the two existing DAMs.

Best regards,
--
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik@dannemare.net
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Frederik+Dannemare