Re: Advocate check-list

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> On 10137 March 1977, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>
> > wanted to do this for months but never got around to it, so I asked
> > Joerg today if he can prepare something.  However, I feel it might be
> > good to do some brainstorming first so we can come up with a list of
> > things to put into this check-list.
>
> So for the first thoughts, more to follow:
> - Applicant needs to already have some work done for Debian.
>   A packager at least one package, a translator continues work on
>   translating $stuff in Debian, etc.
> - Applicant needs at least a basic knowledge how things work. The more
>   the better. He should have read policy at least once IMO. devel-ref
>   too.
> - If he is a packager he should have shown good work with his packages
>   and bugs. Means - no open bugs without any comment for a long
>   timeframe.

- Applicant's work on Debian should be familiar to the Advocate
  (ideally by sponsoring or direct interaction.)

- Applicant should have a basic knowledge of how the NM process works
  and what the Applicant is in for.

[and perhaps the obvious:]

- Advocate agrees that Applicant could|should become a Debian
  Developer

Don Armstrong

--
She was alot like starbucks.