Re: Possible Split/Change of the NM Templates

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> writes:
> Ok, I just did it, i splitted the templates. P&P now has two parts, T&S
> three (2 Question and one Package part).

Well, i'm not really convinced that this is the best way (i was thinking
about adding a "You can split the answers to my questions in as many
chunks as you want" and be done with it), but whatever. I'll go with the
nm-templates, simply because it's less work for me, my NM (who can
prepare for my questions before he gets an AM assigned), the Frontdesk
and the DAM.

> Thats it for P&P, now go to T&S.
[...]
> That paragraph gives a small introduction to the dak.ganneff.de thing
> and points to the dak.txt I prepared. At the moment Im not sure if its
> better to mail that one to the applicants or to just point them to a web
> location of it.

IMO it's better to put a basic overview in the T&S mail.

> After that its all "added glue" for the split. I splitted at a random
> position, after nearly half the questions.

I'm not too happy with that, as the second half includes questions and
tasks needing more time that the other (creating a manpage, fixing bugs
and the shell script tearing apart a .deb file and the linker
questions). IMO it would be better to move two of these to the first
file.

> nm_ts2.txt has a starting paragraph added, here I especially want input
> From anyone speaking english better than I do (ie 95% of the world :) ).
> The thing i want to say in the sentence starting with "All questions
> are..." is just that there is no problem if one needs to ask for hints
> (as long as its not a really stupid question). I hope my formulation
> doesnt make people angry or something..

I wanted to add something like this to the templates anyway (but i
wanted to place this in the first mail after the assignment). Some of my
applicants weren't sure if they are allowed to ask for help on the
Debian IRC channels and/or lists. I don't know what others think about
it, but i as AM have no problem with it.

Marc
--
$_=')(hBCdzVnS})3..0}_$;//::niam/s~=)]3[))_$(rellac(=_$({pam(esrever })e$.)4/3*
)e$(htgnel+23(rhc,"u"(kcapnu ,""nioj ;|_- |/+9-0z-aZ-A|rt~=e$;_$=e${pam tnirp{y