AM Report for Kurt Roeckx

Report for new developer applicant Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be>.

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
Check with key ID 7244970B:

ID Check passed, key signed by developer ???

Output for keycheck.sh 7244970B

  pub  1024D/7244970B 2002-04-02 Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be>
       Key fingerprint = 71D7 2EF4 798F 8E3A 8B5A  B114 41DC 1C90 7244 970B
  sig!3       7244970B 2002-04-02   Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be>
  sig!3       7244970B 2002-04-02   Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be>
  sig!3       7244970B 2002-04-02   Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be>
  sig!3   PN  AF79D29E 2004-08-30   Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be>
  uid                            [jpeg image of size 4394]
  sig!3       7244970B 2004-06-06   Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be>
  sig!3   PN  AF79D29E 2004-08-30   Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be>
  sub  4096g/BB6805BF 2002-04-02
  sig!        7244970B 2002-04-02   Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be>

  8 signatures not checked due to missing keys
  Key is ok

Kurt Roeckx writes:

  I have a master degree in electronics option ICT.  For my job I'm
  a programmer in C/C++ and also some assembler.  In my spare time
  I also program software, mostly in C.

  I'm a Linux user since 1995 when I got myself a Slackware CD
  which I've used for a long time.  I have always upgraded it
  manually to the latests versions.

  I got more involved in Debian when I got my amd64.  The
  debian-amd64 port wasn't really going anywhere at that time.
  I've started the amd64 packages repository on alioth and after
  some time I got some help with building and uploading the
  packages.

  Since then I've been building packages, looking at the failed
  build logs, submitting bug reports and patches to the BTS.
  I've also made the debian-installer work for amd64 and still do
  the daily builds.

  I'm a free software user and developer because I believe in the
  principles of free software.  I want others to benefit from the
  work I, just as I do from the work others do.

A google search shows Kurt to be active on a variety of Linux-related
mailing lists over the past several years.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
Kurt has a solid understanding of Debian's philosophy and
procedures.  He provided acceptable answers to all my questions about
the Social Contract, DFSG, and other Debianisms.