Re: Suggested minor changes to the P&P templates

* Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> [2004-10-25 01:11]:
>   5. At http://people.debian.org/~joerg/bad.licenses.tar.bz2 you can
> -    find a tarball of 4 bad licenses. Compare these licenses with the
> -    first nine points of the DFSG and show what changes they need to
> +    find a tarball of 4 bad licenses. Please compare these licenses with the
> +    first nine points of the DFSG and show what changes would be needed to

ok.

>      make them DFSG-free. No need to compare word for word, for some
> -    licenses this is an impossible task, but you should spot the
> +    licenses this is an impossible task: just limit yourself in spotting the
>      biggest mistakes.

Left out since it's probably a matter of taste.  This sentence is
really not nice, though, so I might change it alltogether.

>  5a. The GNU Free Documentaion License (FDL) has been heavily discussed
> -    on debian-legal recently. Read
> +    on debian-legal recently. Please read

ok

>      http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/Position_Statement.html and
> -    briefly explain how you feel about the including documents
> -    licensed under the FDL in main and what consequences of this
> -    position might be for Debian.
> +    briefly explain how you feel about including documents

ok.

> +    licensed under the FDL in main and what might be the consequences of this
> +    position for Debian.

No, that's wrong.  Only s/consequences/the consequences/.

>   6. Are there any sections of the DFSG or Social Contract that you
> -    might like to see changed? If so, why?
> +    might like to see changed? If so, which ones, and why?

ok

> + 7. What is your current agenda with regards to Debian, and how does it
> +    fit with the Social Contract?

This is usually asked in the welcome message.

> - 8. Tell me 3 different methods to close a bug in the BTS, the difference
> + 8. Please tell me 3 different methods to close a bug in the BTS, the difference

ok

> -15. How do you check a package before upload? Please explain to me why
> +15. How do you check a package before the upload? Please explain why

Maybe "before you upload".

> -24. Should you happily sign another developer's GPG key? If not
> -    please, explain me the checks you will make before signing it.
> +24. Should you happily sign another developer's GPG key? If not,
> +    please explain me the checks you will make before signing it.

OK, and s/me//.

>  These two lists are must-subscribes.  Everything else is optional.  I
> -abbreviate 'debian-' to '-' from now on!
> +abbreviate 'debian-' to '-' from now on.

ok

>  -security-announce:
>            security updates to stable
>  -private: you'll be subscribed automatically when your new-maintainer
> -          application is accepted; sensitive discussions, flamewars
> -          etc.  You can unsubscribe if you wish.
> +          application is accepted; sensitive discussions.  You can

I changed this a bit.

>  -mentors: helping newbie Developers.
> +TODO: -vote?
> +TODO: -project?

-project: project related discussions

> -Finally talk about some important websites:
> +Finally, some important web links:

ok

Thanks.
--