AM Report for Paul Brossier

Report for new developer applicant Paul Brossier <piem@altern.org>:

1. Identification & Background

   Check with Keyid 0x:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from 2 existing DD,
   James Bromberger and Guenter Geiger

pub  1024D/5B97A5D2 2003-05-18 Paul Brossier <piem@altern.org>
  Schl.-Fingerabdruck = F9A5 1F3A D5A6 CE34 F959  0116 D8F2 E681 5B97 A5D2
sig!3       5B97A5D2 2003-05-18   Paul Brossier <piem@altern.org>
sig!3       0917A9E4 2004-05-05   James Bromberger <jeb@debian.org>
sig!3       60B6B958 2004-07-28   Guenter Geiger (Debian/GNU) <geiger@debian.org>
sub  1024g/574CD819 2003-05-18
sig!        5B97A5D2 2003-05-18   Paul Brossier <piem@altern.org>

Key is ok

   Applicant writes:
I was born in 1978 and work now as a research student in computer music. I
decided to try a commercial distribution of GNU/Linux at home because I was
missing the talk command we could use at school. Then i realised there was more
than the talk command. As most of my interest was in audio software, i was also
frequently invoking the usual './configure && make' dance.

When i was told to go for Debian, i discover its large documentation, its huge
archives, its powerful apt mechanisms. I could enjoy a brand new world with
unleashed freedom. And many of the audio softwares were already in the pool.
Eventually i created a few packages still missing in Debian, getting help from
the Debian community and the Agnula people.

I fully agree with the Social Contract and wish to help making Debian an even
better platform, for music and more, by taking an active part in this

2. Philosophy and Procedures
   Paul Brossier has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. in a good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
   Paul Brossier is Maintainer of pyrex, fftw3, supercollider, and
   xmms-jackasyn, all packages in Debian (sponsored by Guenther Geiger,
   pyrex previously sponsored by Ganesan R <rganesan@debian.org>)
   I spotted some mistakes in his packages but he was able to quickly
   fix them.
   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

4. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account: piem
   Forward-Email: piem@altern.org

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/