Re: Starting my new maintainer job

On 10033 March 1977, Enrico Zini wrote:

>  - the "download" link in the CVS
>    https://alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/templates/?cvsroot=nm-templates
>    doesn't work, with this message:
>      Error: Unexpected output from cvs co: cvs [checkout aborted]:
>      Absolute module reference invalid: `/templates/nm_assigned.txt'
>      Check whether the directory
>      /var/lib/gforge/chroot/cvsroot/nm-templates/CVSROOT exists and the
>      script has write-access to the CVSROOT/history file if it exists.
>      The script needs to place lock files in the directory the file is in
>      as well.

Hrm. Simply use anonymous cvs to get the files. Its easier :)

>  - I made some (mostly cosmetic) modifications to the nm_assigned.txt
>    template, before I sent it.  Are such things welcome to be committed
>    to the cvs?  Is there some review process for them?

Sent them to me.
a.) You are not in the project on alioth so you cant commit
b.) I like patches for them. :)

>  - Is there some "mentoring" process for AMs, like sending a copy of
>    every exchanged mail to some old-time AM for comments, or should I
>    just go on and then it'll be the DAM at the end pointing me out if I
>    did something wrong?

Not defined. FD (tbm) reads every report he gets and will tell you what
you can improve the next time.

But you can ask other AMs to do read your stuff before you sent the
DAM/FD report. I already did that for two other AMs.

--
bye Joerg
(Irgendwo von heise.de):