Starting my new maintainer job

Hello,

I'm starting my new maintainer job.D  As I am new, I'm still not familiar
with the various infrastructure.  Here's a bug report and some
questions:

 - the "download" link in the CVS
   https://alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/templates/?cvsroot=nm-templates
   doesn't work, with this message:

     Error: Unexpected output from cvs co: cvs [checkout aborted]:
     Absolute module reference invalid: `/templates/nm_assigned.txt'

     Check whether the directory
     /var/lib/gforge/chroot/cvsroot/nm-templates/CVSROOT exists and the
     script has write-access to the CVSROOT/history file if it exists.
     The script needs to place lock files in the directory the file is in
     as well.

 - I made some (mostly cosmetic) modifications to the nm_assigned.txt
   template, before I sent it.  Are such things welcome to be committed
   to the cvs?  Is there some review process for them?

 - Is there some "mentoring" process for AMs, like sending a copy of
   every exchanged mail to some old-time AM for comments, or should I
   just go on and then it'll be the DAM at the end pointing me out if I
   did something wrong?

Ciao,

Enrico