Re: delays in newmaint process

Andres Salomon wrote:
> If the person being sponsored must have their key signed, that's a huge
> hurdle towards maintaining packages.  Also, how would you even check
> that this is the case?  Their key isn't in the keyring, and the packages
> are signed by the person doing the sponsoring.  I'd imagine it would be
> up to the discretion of the person doing the sponsoring, based on how
> much they trust the person being sponsored.

This is probably more the actual situation. I (possibly erroneously)
seem to remember that some sponsoring DDs more or less require it. As
with anything [0], if you have a good reason not to be able to have your
key signed, something can be worked out. OTOH if you're living in a
place where it's not that difficult to get a signature, it's only
reasonable to expect you to do that as early as possible.

Kind regards

Thomas

0. More recently there's more exceptions to that and less exceptions to
other thins, but I won't get into politics.
--
Thomas Viehmann, <http://thomas.viehmann.net/>