Re: delays in newmaint process

Brian Nelson wrote:
> Of course, just how readily you can establish trust based on a few
> written answers is questionable.
Yeah. Also, I'd think that trusting upstream is at least as delicate as
trusting maintainers. (As for the ID check: I thought that getting a DD
signature was indeed supposed to happen before sponsorship for precisely
this reason and just wasn't properly enforced.)
Working with people probably is the best way to build trust.

>>BTW: The length of the duration of Debian's application process isn't
>>the only exceptional thing about it: The low rate of rejections
>>certainly is extraordinary as well.

> There's also an exceptionally low percentage that achieve AM approval...

Er. Do you have a statistic on that? After doing my round of tests, I
thought it was somewhat but not overly difficult if you're willing to
spend the time. As to people giving up during NM, I'd think that is more
a reason to not speed up the process a whole lot.
My guess is that the number of people submitting but then not pursuing
the application is at least partly explained the average applicant's age.

Kind regards

Thomas
--
Thomas Viehmann, <http://thomas.viehmann.net/>