Re: Experiences of being an AM

* Andreas Metzler (ametzler@logic.univie.ac.at) wrote:
> That is not (completely) correct. A application linked against
> libfoo+(versioned symbols) will not run with libfoo-vanilla. Only the
> other way round works. Therefore if only Debian versions libfoo, you
> cannot build on Debian and run the binary on RedHat.

My understanding was that you'd get a warning about it but the
application would still *run*, at least.  If it really won't run then we
should see if there's a way to make it so that it will run, but with a
warning.  It doesn't seem like it'd be all that difficult to me...  Of
course, I've heard that taking Debian binaries to other distros doesn't
work alot of the time anyway.

	Stephen