sig!3       6D8ABE71 2003-07-14   Christoph Berg <cb@cs.uni-sb.de>
sig!3       04604EB8 2003-07-13   Michael Fedrowitz <michael@fedrowitz.de>
sig!3       75BE8097 2003-07-15   Florian Lohoff <flo@mini.gt.owl.de>
sig!3       44779E18 2003-07-16   Fabio M. Di Nitto <fabbione@fabbione.net>
sig!3       86A118E6 2003-07-18   Christian Hammers <ch@lathspell.de>
sig!3       BD8B050D 2003-07-18   Roland Rosenfeld <roland@debian.org>
sig!3       98016DC7 2003-07-20   Josef Spillner <dr_maux@users.sourceforge.net>
sig!3       7E7B8AC9 2003-07-21   Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
sig!3       94C09C7F 2003-07-22   Peter Palfrader
sig!3       248AEB73 2003-07-23   Rene Engelhard <rene@rene-engelhard.de>
sig!3       07447252 2003-07-24   Thorsten Sauter <tsauter@gmx.net>
sig!3       0A5FB687 2003-07-28   Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz.steinlin@soziologie.ch>
sig!3       68FD549F 2003-07-30   Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
sig!3       4B3A135C 2003-08-01   Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org>
sig!3       65A841ED 2003-03-06   Jan Schulz <jan@katzien.de>
sig!3   P   BDBFE838 2003-07-23   Marc Mutz <mutz@kde.org>
sig!2       5662C734 2003-07-30   Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>
uid                            Jan Schulz <debian@katzien.de>
sig!2       2BE16D01 2003-07-23   Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org>
sig!2       5706A4B4 2003-07-27   Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@hogyros.de>
sig!2       3F3E6426 2003-07-30   Guido Guenther <agx@sigxcpu.org>
sig!3       CD15A883 2003-07-24   Alexander Schmehl (privat) <alexander@schmehl.info>
sig!3       65A841ED 2003-05-10   Jan Schulz <jan@katzien.de>
sig!3   P   BDBFE838 2003-07-23   Marc Mutz <mutz@kde.org>
sig!2       5662C734 2003-07-30   Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>
sub  2048g/0AA2AE53 2000-05-09
sig!        65A841ED 2000-05-09   Jan Schulz <jan@katzien.de>

Jan's key is signed by Martin Michlmayr, along with quite a few
other DD's.  He's rather well connected and certainly passes the
ID check rather easily.

Background
----------------------------------
Jan writes about himself:

I'm a 23 year old guy, currently living and studying in Karlsruhe in
the south of Germany. Pictures and some other stuff are at
http://www.katzien.de

I started "computering" as a child of ten, crashing my parents
computer while playing around :) At some time, I discovered the
internet and especially usenet and it became more and more painfull
to play around with my windows system.

After one year absense from a computer during my civil service, I
went over to linux, hoping for a system, which doesn't need a
'format c:' every other month. Based on some advises from a friend
of mine, I got myself the debian woody CDs and after a month of
trying out, 'rm -r /var/lib/*' and a lot of RTFM, I finaly found
'my' system. It's still not perfect, but I'm getting closer and
closer every day :)

During my first year of studying, I had some experiences with Java
programming at a small firm and discovered eclipse, a Java IDE.
After some searching, I found experimental debian packages for it
and started to play around with it. I sent some bugreports to the
maintainer, followed by some patches and it seems that he got fed up
with me :) and told me to take the package over.

I intend to do mainly java packaging, especially eclipse related
stuff. I admit that my reasons for this are rather selfish: I use
the stuff and I want to have it as useable and easy as possible on
debian.

Philosophy & Procedures
----------------------------------
Jan has clearly shown that he understands and agrees with the Debian
Social Contract, DFSG and the DMUP.  Hw has agreed to abide by them.
He answered my questions from version 1.21 of nm_pp.txt[1] and all of
my followup questions very well.  He has also shown an enourmous
amount of patience with me and took my comments and critisizm of his
package very well.  He's also working on the Debian Java policy,
writing a new version of it and working on improving it with comments
from others.

Tasks & Skills
----------------------------------
Jan packages eclipse and does an excellent job with it.  It's a rather
large package but he's kept up with it very well.  He answered all of
my questions quite well, even those that didn't really apply to what
he's currently working on in Debian.  He also spent the time to do some
research so that he could properly understand the issues involved and
come to a good understanding of them before answering.

Conclusion
Jan is an excellent candidate.  He's already having his eclipse package
sponsored and he is keeping it up to date.  He's also stepped up and
worked on Debian's Java policy.  I expect these contributions to continue
and grow in the future.  I recommend Jan be welcomed into Debian.

	Stephen Frost
	Application Manager