AM Report for Bruno Barrera C.

Report for new developer applicant Bruno Barrera C. <bruno.barrera@igloo.cl>

1. Identification and Background
================================

	Bruno does not have a key signed by a current Debian
Developer, as there are currently no Debian Developers in his part of
the world. His key has however, been signed by a few free software
developers from around there, including Matias Fernandez, who is
currently in the NM queue, and has had his key signed by Michael
Meskes (who is a DD).

----------------------------8<-------------------------------------

	I am a nineteen years old student currently studying
engineering at the Universidad del Mar of Chile. I first started using
Linux in July 2001, and then Debian in January 2002. I am currently
working at Computacion Integral S.A [1] as a system administrator.

	I am also an editor of the "Linux Users from Chile"[2] portal,
where I usually post news related to Debian, and give some support to
new users.

	I first started working on Debian by translating man-pages to
Spanish for programs such as dselect, dpkg-deb and dpkg-name, and I
then moved on to become a package maintainer. I currently maintain
aget, giFToxic and xmms-defx which are all in the archive.

	I intend to continue doing translation work in Debian as I
feel it is an important part of the project. I also want to continue
maintaining packages, and fixing bugs, as well as looking for good
projects which I could package for Debian. Finally, I intend to
continue helping people on mailing lists such as debian-mentors where
a lot of people are asking for sponsors, or at least for someone to
take a look a their packages, as it is an important job.

[1]: http://www.debian.org/users/#ComputacionIntegral
[2]: http://www.linuxchile.cl
---------------------------->8-------------------------------------

2. Philosophy and Procedures
============================

	Bruno has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
Procedures. I'm happy with the answers he has provided in response to
my questions.

3. Tasks and Skills
===================

	Bruno currently maintains a few packages in the archive, such
as aget, giFToxic and xmms-defx. They all look pretty good, and I also
liked his answers to the Tasks and Skills sections.

4. Recommendation
=================

	I recommend Bruno be accepted as a Debian Developer, an
opinion which is shared by his sponsors.

5. Account Information

Preferred account name: bruno
Address to forward E-Mails to: bruno.barrera@igloo.cl

	Cheers,