AM Report for Link Dupont

Report for new developer applicant Link Dupont <link@subpop.net>:

   I recommend to accept Link Dupont as new Debian Developer.

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xEC19F5BF

   ID Check passed, Key signed by at least one existing Debian Developer,
   Jeremy Bouse <jbouse@debian.org>

   Output from 'gpg --check-sigs 0xEC19F5BF' (only the relevant parts):

   pub  1024D/EC19F5BF 2004-01-15 Link Dupont <link@subpop.net>
   sig!3       EC19F5BF 2004-01-15   Link Dupont <link@subpop.net>
   sig!3   P   29AB4CDD 2004-03-20   Jeremy T. Bouse (Debian Maintainer Key) <jbouse@debian.org>
   sub  1024g/3C9A9ED2 2004-01-15
   sig!        EC19F5BF 2004-01-15   Link Dupont <link@subpop.net>

   According to `gpg -vv`, his key is a version 4 key and thus valid according
   to the definition for new keys in the Debian keyring.

   =========================
   I've been a strong Linux user and supporter for about 4 years now. [...]
   As I progressed further into my Major at my university, I realized that
   I enjoy programming and doing application development. I began to poke
   around in GTK development, and as I became more familiar with GNOME, GTK
   and Linux, I fell in love with the Open Source development method.
   It was then that I realized I could never return to the world of
   Windows. Over the years I've jumped from distro to distro, trying to
   find one that fits me. I've been interested in getting involved in
   distro development, and recently came to the conclusion that Debian is
   the best fit as far as distros go for me.
   =========================

   One could still see some parts of his "jumped from distro to distro",
   as there are rpm-packages of him around. His Sponsor writes that they're
   together about to convert them one after the other.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------

   Link demonstrated a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered my Questions about the Social Contract, the DFSG,
   the BTS etc., and became quite familiar with these topics after some
   initial discussion.

   When I checked the package, I found some small glitches (wrong
   linitian-warnings), that were filed as bug-report against lintian
   afterwards (lintian didn't recognize the mono-subpolicy-to-be before).

   He also answered my questions regarding T&S.

4. Account information

   Preferred account name: link
   Address to forward E-Mails to: link@subpop.net

Cheers,