Re: AM Report for Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net>

Hi DAM + debian-newmaint,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 01:49:20PM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
>    He has done Debian-related work already since 2002 and seems to have
>    much experience by now. He maintains the following packages, which
>    were sponsored mainly by Aaron Lehman <aaronl@debian.org>: devmapper,
>    firedns, firestring, keepalived, libapache2-mod-perl2, lvm2,
>    messagewall, and par2cmdline.

Andres does a lot of very important work for Debian and it is extremely
impractical for him to go through me, Aaron, or tbm (as of late) to get
a package uploaded. One in a million times, just like everyone else, he
can goof up his uploads, but the vast majority of the time, Andres is
responsive to bug reports and conscientious about his packages. He is
frustrated and has considered orphaning his packages due to his inability
to effectively maintain them, because of the sponsoring process.

I urge the DAM to accelerate the processing of Andres' application and
creation of his account if at all possible. He is a valuable asset to
Debian.

> Recommendation
>    I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.

It goes without saying...

--
Joshua Kwan