Re: statistics page

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 01:23:10PM +0200, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> How long usually takes DAM Approval?

That depends on i) how many other NMs are in the (internal) DAM queue
before you and ii) how much time the DAM has to process applicants.

> I mean nothing has happened with my application for almost two months
> now, and I'm just curious how long could it take.

Well, the 'time of last action' is 2004-03-11. I assume that was the
time the frontdesk decided that your application is complete and pushed
it to the DAM. That's still over a month though, but please consider
that the DAM has also some other important positions in Debian and
especially before a release is usually quite busy with other things. Two
months of waiting is not optimal, but it is not unusual either. In fact,
in the past, things were much worse.

> I've got 7 packages in Debian (more to come shortly) and looking for
> sponsor every time is getting pretty uncomfortable.

We understand completely and are sorry for the delay. But you have to
keep in mind that processing applications takes quite a long time for
the DAM, there is more involved than just creating the account.

regards,

Michael

--
Michael Banck