AM report for John Belmonte

Report for new developer applicant John Belmonte <jvb@prairienet.org>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x4C40410A

   ID Check passed, Key signed by at least one existing DD, Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@debian.org>

   Output from 'gpg --check-sigs 0x4C40410A':

   pub  1024D/4C40410A 2000-05-25 John V. Belmonte <jvb@prairienet.org>
   sig!        7ED06B5C 2000-09-13   Anthony Carrico <acarrico@nanaon-sha.com>
   sig!        31037DB0 2001-07-04   Renee Johnson <rlj@prairienet.org>
   sig!        EE0584C3 2002-07-19   Yukiko Suzuki <kurinyan@yahoo.co.jp>
   sig!        4C40410A 2000-05-25   John V. Belmonte <jvb@prairienet.org>
   sig!2       797E641D 2003-03-08   Ben Pfaff <blp@stanford.edu>
   sig!3       C9C1B319 2002-09-17   Michael Smith <smith@xml-doc.org>
   uid                            John V. Belmonte <john@nanaon-sha.co.jp>
   sig!        7ED06B5C 2000-09-13   Anthony Carrico <acarrico@nanaon-sha.com>
   sig!        31037DB0 2001-07-04   Renee Johnson <rlj@prairienet.org>
   sig!        4C40410A 2000-05-25   John V. Belmonte <jvb@prairienet.org>
   sig!2       797E641D 2003-03-08   Ben Pfaff <blp@stanford.edu>
   sig!3       C9C1B319 2002-09-17   Michael Smith <smith@xml-doc.org>
   sub  2048g/E0D657E9 2000-05-25
   sig!        4C40410A 2000-05-25   John V. Belmonte <jvb@prairienet.org>

   Applicant writes:

   --8<-------------------------------------------------------->8---

   I started programming at about age 12, when home computers first emerged.
   At the time there were no mentors for this hobby, and classmates would tease
   you if they discovered you owned a computer.  At age 16 I was addicted to
   the first text chat systems, still before the internet, where someone would
   stick 8 modems in a computer and attach 8 phone lines, and have everyone
   dial into that computer to chat. Not until over a decade later would I
   start using "Linux", because it was the platform required for Playstation2
   game development.  A friend and coworker suggested Debian.  He also helped
   enlighten me about free software, and it wasn't long before I became a
   contributing member of the community.

   For Debian, on top of the bug reporting I already do, I am intending to
   maintain packages.  As far as new packages, I'm not very eager about
   packaging the latest apps that emerge.  Libraries and tools that other
   packages will build upon in the future seem more important.  I plan to do
   NMU's and comaintain packages where my experience matches the need.  I'd
   like to see having multiple maintainers per package become more common in
   the future.

   I have been using Debian daily since the Slink version.  I don't mind
   volunteering my time because I've already benefited significantly from the
   work of others, and because the Social Contract ensures that others can
   benefit from the work I do.

   --8<-------------------------------------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

   John demonstrated a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about the Social Contract,
   the DFSG, the BTS etc. and had nearly no problems with it.

   the packages for the first time, I found some very very small glitches
   which he he fixed quickly.

   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept John Belmonte as a Debian Developer.

   Account: jbelmonte
   Forward-Email: jvb@prairienet.org

--
  .''`.   Martin Loschwitz           Debian GNU/Linux developer
 : :'  :  madkiss@madkiss.org        madkiss@debian.org