AM report for Daniel Stone

Hi

Report for new developer applicant Daniel Stone <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x3CED7EFD:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from at least 7 existing DD,

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x3CED7EFD (deleted some uids, too much
   output :) )

pub  1024D/3CED7EFD 2000-12-07 Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org>
     Key fingerprint = BCF4 71D1 BF90 2761 1367  0E02 70F0 A59D 3CED 7EFD
sig!3       3CED7EFD 2003-06-30   Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org>
uid                            [revoked] Daniel Stone <daniel@kabuki.openfridge.net>
sig!        98FAA0AD 2001-03-22   Roger So <rogerso@spacehunt.info>
sig!        788B94BF 2001-03-28   Glenn McGrath <bug1@debian.org>
sig!        2CFD1C38 2001-09-29   Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@spacepants.org>
sig!        13046155 2002-01-04   Thom May <thommay@apache.org>
sig!2       BE11F437 2002-09-11   Peter Hawkins <peterh@debian.org>
sig!3       36B861C1 2002-08-14   Ben Burton <bab@debian.org>
sig!3       3CED7EFD 2001-03-20   Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org>
rev!        3CED7EFD 2003-06-22   Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org>
uid                            Daniel Stone <dstone@kde.org>
sig!        12CADFA5 2002-05-29   Craig Small <csmall@enc.com.au>
sig!3       3CED7EFD 2002-04-16   Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org>
uid                            Daniel Stone <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>
sig!        12CADFA5 2002-05-29   Craig Small <csmall@enc.com.au>
sig!2       BE11F437 2002-09-11   Peter Hawkins <peterh@debian.org>
sig!3       3CED7EFD 2002-02-18   Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org>
sub  1024g/24B5BAC0 2000-12-07
sig!        3CED7EFD 2000-12-07   Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org>

   Applicant writes:
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
I am a part-time hacker on (largely) open source software, when I'm not busy
being a student. I have been involved with many aspects of many projects -
maintaining apache2 and most of KDE within Debian, as well as co-maintaining
XFree86; upstream work on several components of KDE, including a small amount of
work on the build system; and also minor co-ordination work within the Xwin
project (now mostly absorbed by freedesktop.org). I also spend quite some time
co-ordinating with the Gentoo and Red Hat XFree86 maintainers to try and keep
our patch sets quite in sync with each other, and share the workload - I set up
packagers-list@xwin.org with Mike Harris.

I was first introduced to Linux by my father at age 12 - although he was/is a
rabid NT fan, he encouraged me to give something different a shot. "Something
different" turned out to be Slackware 2.2 from an InfoMagic CD; although I
didn't like Slackware and spent all night playing paranoia because I couldn't
get X working, I was converted and bought Red Hat Linux 5.1 the next day,
eventually transitioning to Debian.
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Daniel has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. in a good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Daniel is Maintainer of libapache2-mod-xslt and dbtcp.
   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.
   He also helps Branden with the X Packages which are anything but easy
   to maintain.

   I also got this in a mail from Fabio Fabio Massimo Di Nitto:
	i am writing to you since you are Daniel's AM.
I have been working with him in several occasion even before he applied
(this last time) to become DD so if you want you can include these few
lines in your last report for him.

For my personal experience working with him in different situation I
perceived Daniel always as a fast, reactive and entusiatic guy. He is a
nice and funny guy to work with.

Technically talking I think he is more than ok. I based some of my IPv6
packages on his X4.3 packages with quite a good succees considering that
it is not a trivial package to handle, taking care of several porting
issues (including m68k, mips, hppa in coordination with another NM -
Jochen Friedrich).

In general i would really like to see Daniel as part of the community.

3a. Advocate is writing (DAM)
-----------------------------
He's been helping out tremendously with the XFree86 4.3.0 packaging
effort and appears to be at least as reponsible and clueful as the
average Debian developer.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:  dstone
   Forward-Email: daniel@fooishbar.org

5. Attachments

GPG Key with ID 0x3CED7EFD