Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

Hi, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:

> Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> writes:
>> Might it be possible to replace the single-point-of-failure DAM with a
>> Peer Review system? I.e., some DDs (the existing AMs?) are tasked with
>
> It would still require DAM action to actually create the account.

Isn't that Front Desk's job?  Besides, "create an account" should be no
more involved than "call script with NM's email address, enter password
for LDAP update".

Anyway, the skills necessary to create yet another account differ somewhat
from these required for checking whether an AM report is complete,
sufficient, and/or correct.

The same applies to "required level of trust from Debian-at-large", I'd
say.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
Anthony's Law of Force: