Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

Hi, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

>  > Perhaps a requirement of becoming a Debian Maintainer could be the
>  > adoption of one of the WNPP packages (assuming there are any in line
>  > with the applicants skills).
>
>  I'd wouldn't impose that upon new people.  Requiring a package is
>  something I can agree with (modulo exceptional circumstances), but
>  adopting something in the WNPP list is not.  If they do that willingly,
>  sure.

IMHO it makes sense to require NMs to do _some_ 'volunteer' work (adopting
orphaned packages, fixing RC bugs, whatever else Debian needs).

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
How many months are we going to be behind them [Redhat] with a glibc