Re: Application status....

"Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> writes:

> How does an applicant find out more information regarding the status of
> their application?  I know about the information listed at:
>
>    http://nm.debian.org/
>    http://nm.debian.org/nmlist.php
>
> And of course the applicant specific page (in my case):
>
>    http://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=jcollins%40asgardsrealm.net

That's all that's publicly available.

> However, none of these pages (or those linked from them) indicate what
> is (or is not) happening with an application.

Most likely it's waiting to be reviewed.  Applications tend to be
processed in bunches.

> As of today I've been awaiting DAM approval for 142 days.  Based on
> the information at:
>
>    http://nm.debian.org/
>
> I may only be aproximately a 1/3 of they way through my possible wait
> time of (470 days).  That is just ludicrous.

Agreed.

> Who do I have to contact, or where can I find more information about
> this delay?  I know it's been discussed on this list before.  IIRC,
> nothing really came from those discussions.

The only ones who would know more would be the DAM or the Front Desk,
though I highly doubt probing them would help speed your application's
acceptance.  There really is nothing you can do other than try to be
patient, or maybe do so much work for Debian that you prove you're too
valuable to keep waiting in the NM queue.

--
Poems... always a sign of pretentious inner turmoil.