Re: Fixed bugs

* Martin Michlmayr

 > Also, some sponsors upload packages in a (wrong) way which tags
 > bugs as "fixed" instead of closing them properly.

  I suspect this may be caused by the sponsorship page, which
 instructs the sponsor to rebuild the sponsored package using
 "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -m'Happy Sponsor <nice@foo.bar>'".

  Naturally, this will be interpreted as a NMU, hence the fixed tag.

  The correct would be to replace -m'Happy Sponsor ..' with
 -k0x<sponsor's PGP key ID>;  then changelog-closed bugs would be
 closed properly.  I think I mailed Stéphane regarding this once,
 but the page hasn't been updated yet.

--
Tore Anderson