Fixed bugs

There's something which has annoyed me for quite a while and that is
bugs which are fixed but not closed.  Since this seems a problem
particularly with NMs (but not only), I thought I'd post this here.
NMs often adopt orphaned packages and are sponsored.  Orphaned
packages have often been NMUed and therefore have "fixed" bugs.  Also,
some sponsors upload packages in a (wrong) way which tags bugs as
"fixed" instead of closing them properly.  The bad thing with this, of
course, is that bug submitters are never informed that the bug has
been dealt with.  So, when you review an NM application, please take a
look at their bug page and if there are "fixed" bugs tell them to
close them properly so the bug submitter knows what's going on.

Thanks.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com