Report for new developer applicant Xavier Roche <roche@httrack.com>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x03F35988:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from 2 existing DD, treinen@d.o and
   profeta@d.o

   Output from gpg --check-sigs 0x03F35988

pub  1024D/03F35988 2001-06-04 Xavier Roche <roche@httrack.com>
     Key fingerprint = FF7A 33E7 9EF3 EB24 26E8  6868 DCF8 D65B 03F3 5988
sig!        03F35988 2001-06-04   Xavier Roche <roche@httrack.com>
sig!3       E0BA04C1 2002-10-02   Ralf Treinen <treinen@debian.org>
sig!        059D867E 2003-04-16   Alexandre Pineau <alexandre.pineau@free.fr>
sig!3       904BE741 2003-04-17   Benjamin Drieu <benjamin@drieu.org>
sig!3       690B4E07 2003-04-17   William WAISSE (Linux addict and C software Engineer) <wwaisse@tuxfamily.org>
sig!3       44E22ACD 2003-04-22   Mickael Profeta <profeta@debian.org>
uid                            Xavier Roche <root@httrack.com>
sig!        059D867E 2003-04-16   Alexandre Pineau <alexandre.pineau@free.fr>
sig!        03F35988 2003-04-16   Xavier Roche <roche@httrack.com>
sig!3       904BE741 2003-04-17   Benjamin Drieu <benjamin@drieu.org>
sig!3       690B4E07 2003-04-17   William WAISSE (Linux addict and C software Engineer) <wwaisse@tuxfamily.org>
sub  2048g/BA95B325 2001-06-04
sig!        03F35988 2001-06-04   Xavier Roche <roche@httrack.com>

   Applicant writes:
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
The reason I want to become a Debian developper is that I really like
this system, its philosophy, and I want to help the building process,
especially by packaging one of my softwares (and surely more packages
when I will be totally ready).

I have been developping for quite some time now (started on Atari ST in
1987), and used my first slackware on a Falcon. I developped many
freewares and utilities, and few sharewares on ST. Then I switched to
i386 machines, and in parallel I begun to develop on Linux and Unix
systems. At this point I started to develop with other folks a spider
called httrack in 1998, and few months after, I decided to switch it to
GPL.

Developping is for me a job but also a hobby, and because I regularly
use GPL software and Linux, and because I like the philosophy behind it,
I continued to develop few things and promote the GPL movement (for
example when my former company, Serianet, stopped its activities in
2000, I and the former boss acquired the intellectual rights of the
software (a groupware) to put it on GPL. The groupware is Sherpath, at
http://www.sherpath.org/)
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Xavier has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. in a good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
   Xavier is Maintainer of httrack, Package in Debian.
   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:  xavier
   Forward-Email: roche@httrack.com

--
bye Joerg
Das Ding heißt zwar Laptop, aber das sollte man so wörtlich nicht nehmen. Ein