Re: AM Summary for Miah Gregory <miah@darksilence.net>

Graham Wilson <bob@decoy.wox.org> writes:

> i frequently see in am summaries that am's ask prospective developers to
> package something without debhelper. why is this?
> is it because it would take more skill to make a package without
> debhelper?

A Developer should be able to do it without. One should know what
happens behind dh_*. And yes, it takes a bit more skill but thats not
the main reason.

Noone requests to maintain the package without dh_* after that. I often
get package versions like X.Y-1.nm because they are only done for
NM. Package is normally maintained with dh_* (I often check that before
i request the dh-less version).

--
bye Joerg
#debian.de @ OFTC