AM Summary for Miah Gregory <miah@darksilence.net>

1. Background
-------------

Miah writes:
> I'm a software engineer, from the UK. I currently live in Scotland,
> working with handheld and embedded devices. I've always been
> interested in software, and indeed computers from a young age, and
> from my start on a Sinclair Spectrum, I've moved on to RISC OS, on
> arm hardware, and bog standard x86 clones running linux mainly, but
> sometimes windows.
>
> At work, we make wide scale use of linux, both as desktop
> development machines, and also in arm-linux handheld devices (see
> the handhelds.org projects). I'm the maintainer for the handheld
> device distribution of linux, which is taken from handhelds.org, and
> modified to support our environment and applications. As part of
> that, I maintain a number of ipkg packages, which are part of the
> familiar distribution.
>
> In terms of what I'd like to do for debian, it's essentially
> anything where I can help. I've been an avid user of debian for
> years, and I want to give something back to the community. As one of
> my primary skills is development, that seems the logical skill to
> offer, but should the time arise that other non-development tasks
> are required of me, I will do my best to fulfil that obligation.

2. Identification
-----------------

Miah's GPG key is signed by Edward Betts <edward@debian.org>

daf@green$ gpg --check-sigs EBC73D63
pub  1024D/EBC73D63 2001-10-29 Miah Gregory <miah@picsel.com>
sig!3       EBC73D63 2002-03-26   Miah Gregory <miah@picsel.com>
sig!3       1BC4E32B 2002-10-06   Edward Betts <edward@debian.org>
uid                            Miah Gregory <mace@darksilence.net>
sig!3       EBC73D63 2001-10-29   Miah Gregory <miah@picsel.com>
sub  1024g/886C45AF 2001-10-29
sig!        EBC73D63 2001-10-29   Miah Gregory <miah@picsel.com>

6 signatures not checked due to missing keys

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Miah agrees to uphold the Social Contract and the DFSG and accepts the
DMUP. He was able to answer all the usual questions about Debian
philosophy and procedures (gathered primarily from the various
templates I've seen). Most of his initial answers were great, and we
had a good conversation regarding the difference between main, contrib
and non-free.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

Miah has packaged gvd, the GNU Visual Debugger, and done a good job of
it. While initially, his package had some issues with his use of
automake and autoconf and a few minor issues, he was able to fix these
well.

I asked Miah to package something without debhelper, and he re-packaged
gvd without debhelper, and did a great job of it.

I recommend that Miah Gregory be accepted as a Debian Developer.

Preferred login: mace
Forwarding e-mail: mace@darksilence.net

--
Duncan Findlay