AM report for Pierre Machard <pmachard@tuxfamily.org>

Report for new developer applicant:
Pierre Machard <pmachard@tuxfamily.org>

Pierre Machard is the first of the "documentation maintainers" to go through
the experimental doc T&S tests.  As I am quite busy and so far the only one
handling documentation maintainer T&S, he had two AMs: Joerg Jaspert
<joerg@debian.org>, and me.

1. Background
-------------

Pierre Machard is a student in University of Vannes (France). He's been
using GNU/Linux for 4 years now.  Debian GNU/Linux has been his only OS for
more than 1 year and a half.  His first difficulties were with the English
language.  So he decided that he would help to improve i18n and l10n in
GNU/Linux.

More than one year ago, he started contributing to debian-l10n-french.
Nowadays, Pierre is an administrator of Tuxfamily.  Tuxfamily hosts more
than 1200 people who develop Free Software.

He says:
"For Debian, I am used to translating dsa, and dwn. I worked on boot-floppies
documentation.  I used to work for Debian for one year.  I have writting
permission on the webwml cvsroot.  I wish to improve access to the
documentation in Debian and to formalize my implication in the project"

2. Identification
-----------------

Advocated by igenibel@debian.org.  Pierre "migus" Machard has a ton of
signatures in his GPG key, including at least two DDs per UID, and way
too many UIDs.

ID check passed.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Pierre didn't get all of Philosophy right at the first try, but one essay
later (he's a documentation maintainer, so he gets to write) he knew where
he did go wrong.  Procedures were not a problem, he knows them all.

P&P check passed.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

Pierre went thorugh Joerg's usual questions and templates for package
maintainers, and went through my SGML, documentation and patience tests.  He
maintains the doc-linux-fr package.  He translated debian-installer and the
debian installation manual to French.  He manages the translation of the
debian securing manual in French.

T&S (+doc maintainer) check passed.

Recommendation
I recommend that Pierre Machard be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

account: pmachard
forward email: pmachard@tuxfamily.org

  Henrique Holschuh