Re: DAM approval wait time?

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:17:08AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Joel Baker <lucifer@lightbearer.com> [2002-09-30 16:56]:
> > The only comment I've gotton (from IRC) was that if you made it onto the
> > list, don't expect to *ever* be approved - just about nobody has.
>
>  Well, if you scan the weekly reports you know that that's not right.
> It doesn't happen in a floating manner but in rushes.  The differences
> between those are varying, though.

But there is never a reason mentioned, why some people wait a few days, and
others for months.

The responsible person should know that there a _people_ waiting, not entries
in a obscure database. People that would like to contribute to Debian, and that
should not be discouraged by being simply ignored.

I would accept a long waiting time if I knew the _reasons_. Or I could do
someting, if I knew _what_. If it would accelerate my approval if more people
sign my key (for example), then this wouldn't be a problem. I live in Berlin,
and there are other DDs here. If it is the number of packages, okay, I can do
more. Or someting like that. I do not really think these are the reasons, but
I just have no other idea. I really hope it is not laziness, favoritism or
something like that.

I saw in the archives that a year or so ago, there was a flamewar about this
on this list. I do not want to start another one. But it seems that _nothing_
has changed since then.

To summarize: I would appreciate some transparency.

Greetings,
Oliver
--
debian/rules                                       http://zork.net/~nick/srom/