AM report on Goedson Teixeira Paixao

AM report on Goedson Teixeira Paixão
====================================

Goedson writes about himself:
-----------------------------

I'm from Brazil and am currently a Computer Science PhD candidate at
the Federal University of Minas Gerais.

Besides my Computer Science research I, currently, do e-business
software development (mainly in Java) and also do users support in a
non-profit religious organization of which I'm a member.

Advocate:
---------

Goedson's application is advocated by Gustavo Noronha Silva
<kov@debian.org>:

Goedson was responsible for fixing the bug on gnome-apt which was
blocking its compilation on gcc3, he's got very good packaging skills
and demonstrates interest in helping with orphaned packages. He's
just giving life back to GNU paint's package and has been doing a good
job on midnight, another package.

Identity:
---------

Goedson's key is signed by Debian member Gustavo Noronha Silva
<kov@debian.org>:

pub  1024D/54322E99 2002-01-20 Goedson Teixeira Paixao <gopaixao@smartprice.com.br>
sig!       54322E99 2002-03-12  Goedson Teixeira Paixao <gopaixao@smartprice.com.br>
sig!       882A6C4B 2002-03-21  Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
uid                            Goedson Teixeira Paixao <gopaixao@dcc.ufmg.br>
sig!       54322E99 2002-02-07  Goedson Teixeira Paixao <gopaixao@smartprice.com.br>
sig!       882A6C4B 2002-03-21  Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
sub  2048g/66209587 2002-01-20
sig!       54322E99 2002-01-20  Goedson Teixeira Paixao <gopaixao@smartprice.com.br>

Philosophy&Procedures:
----------------------

Goedson has answered my questions to my complete satisfaction. He
declares to abide by the SC, the DFSG and the DMUP.

Tasks&Skills:
scratch "midnight" (a midi and karaoke player), for which he wrote man
pages and patched the source to make it compile with ++ 3.0. However,
he does currently not plan to upload midnight since upstream seems to
be MIA.

He is also interested in working at pt_BR localization.

Evaluation and Check In:

I'm glad to recommend Goedson Teixeira Paixão as a new debian member.

Preferred login:   goedson
Email forward to:  gopaixao@dcc.ufmg.br

-Ralf Treinen