AM Summary for Otavio Salvador

Summary for Otavio Salvador <otavio@freedom.ind.br>

[Otavio is Brazillian and apologises for any misspellings or
grammatical errors.]

In summary, Otavio writes:

My name is Otavio Salvador and I have 20. I use computers
since my 11 years on PC XT with 640Kb of memory (a wonderfull machine)
with MSDOS 5.0. Some time later I needed fix some problems with my
"computer" and begin to read MSDOS manual pages.

Less then 2 years later, I fix problems on computers of all my friends
and on scool of my mother.

With 14, I learn Visual Basic to make one system to control all
production system of Freedom. With 17 I learn PHP and some about C and
have my first contact with Linux.

On 20 (now), I use only Linux and I have used Slackware before Debian
and this is usefull becouse this teach so much to me.

Like I had tell to you, I had work in some projects.

All work and updates I have made in Blanes (for example) I had send to
Upstream for include in next release version. When posible, I try
"convert" people to Debian and I put this on all places I can.

My father have one industry of Power Wellchairs (Freedom -
http://www.freedom.ind.br) and I'm starting some port of programs I
have made for it to put Linux in it.

ID
^^

Otavio's key is signed by Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>

dsilvers@ennui:~$ gpg --check-sigs otavio
pub  1024D/49A5F855 2001-12-11 Otavio Real Salvador <otavio@freedom.ind.br>
sig!       49A5F855 2001-12-11  Otavio Real Salvador <otavio@freedom.ind.br>
sig!       882A6C4B 2002-02-04  Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
sub  1024g/91F31ABF 2001-12-11
sig!       49A5F855 2001-12-11  Otavio Real Salvador <otavio@freedom.ind.br>

Philosophy and Procedures
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Otavio has answered many questions relating to policy, the BTS, NMUs,
The DFSG etc. He has demonstrated knowledge of the debian list server.

Tasks and Skills
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Otavio has packaged a couple of small programs, none of which are as yet
in the Debian project.

Gustavo is going to sponsor his packages in until Otavio is granted
maintainership.

His packaging was to a high standard, save a couple of cosmetic errors which
he has demonstrated an ability to take bug reports and correct problems.

Most notably, he responding readily and happily to criticism of the
quality of the English in the control files and sought assistance from
others to bring them up to a standard on a par with the high
expectations of the Debian community.

Recommendation

I therefore recommend that Otavio be made a Debian Maintainer.

Debian Login: otavio
Forwarding Address: otavio@freedom.ind.br