AM Summary for Oohara Yuuma

Summary for Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>

[Oohara is Japanese and apologises for any misspellings or
grammatical errors.]

In summary, Oohara writes:

I am Oohara Yuuma (not Yuuma Oohara --- http://nm.debian.org/newnm.php
doesn't know that a surname comes first in Japan), a graduate student of
Kyoto University.  I use Debian for 1 year after the 4 years experience
of HP-UX (the university told me Unix is the right thing).  Now I want
to give something back to the Free Software Community.

The Social Contract says:
| 4. Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software
I'm interested in documentation works.  We should not force our user
to read the source code.  Good documentations will save a user lots of time.

I also want to adopt some orphaned packages.  Leaving packages
unmaintained does no good to the user and will hurt the Free Software.

ID
^^

Oohara's key is signed by several Debian developers....

dsilvers@ennui:~$ gpg --check-sigs oohara
pub  1024D/F464A695 2001-03-20 Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
sig!       F464A695 2001-03-20  Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
sig!       72D03CB1 2001-10-25  Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debuan.org>
sig!       AE31C009 2001-10-26  Taketoshi Sano <sano@debian.org>
sig!       C2CE8099 2001-10-30  NOKUBI Takatsugu (Debian Project) <knok@debian.org>
sub  1024g/52BD48D3 2001-07-21
sig!       F464A695 2001-07-21  Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>

Philosophy and Procedures
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oohara has answered many questions relating to policy, the BTS, NMUs,
The DFSG etc. He has demonstrated knowledge of the debian list server.

Tasks and Skills
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oohara has packaged a couple of small programs, none of which are as yet
in the Debian project.

David Kimdon <dwhedon@debian.org> is going to sponsor Oohara's adoption of a few
packages, his words below:

From: David Kimdon <dwhedon@debian.org>
Subject: sponsor of Oohara Yuuma
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:15:01 -0800
To: new-maintainer@debian.org
Cc: Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>

Hi,

Oohara has adopted grandfatherclock,  osh, and shhmsg.  Oohara has
done an admirable job reading, understanding and applying Debian
policy.  The packages are in good hands.

-David

His packaging was to a high standard, save a couple of cosmetic errors which
he has demonstrated an ability to take bug reports and correct problems.

Recommendation

I therefore recommend that Oohara be made a Debian Maintainer.

Debian Login: oohara
Forwarding Address: oohara@libra.interq.or.jp