AM summary for Masahito Omote

Summary for Masahito Omote <omote@sapmed.ac.jp>

Background
- ----------

Masahito writes about himself:

> I am a 3rd grade student in Sapporo Medical University. I major in
> medicine.  In activation on Linux and *BSD, I write some IPv6
> patches for server-client applications, and some of them are applied
> to the upstream. And I port USAGI project's userlands and appliction
> for Debian, but due to compatibility problems, most of them are not
> completed and not uploading to the Web.

Identity
- --------

His key is signed by Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org>:

pub  1024D/B25A5CF1 2001-07-11 Masahito Omote <omote@sapmed.ac.jp>
sig!       B25A5CF1 2001-07-11  Masahito Omote <omote@sapmed.ac.jp>
sig!       72D03CB1 2001-07-12  Kenshi Muto <kmuto@linux.or.jp>
sub  1024g/83587EE1 2001-07-11
sig!       B25A5CF1 2001-07-11  Masahito Omote <omote@sapmed.ac.jp>

Philosophy & Procedures
- -----------------------

Masahito understands and agrees with Debian's philosophy. He could
also answer my questions about the BTS, NMUs, and various other things
to my satisfaction.

Tasks & Skills
- --------------

Masahito packaged libinet6 and libsocket6-perl. Since they depend on a
special kernel, they are available separately at

deb-src http://www.sapmed.ac.jp/~omote/debian original unstable
deb http://www.sapmed.ac.jp/~omote/debian original unstable

The packages were done nicely, and Masahito was fast to fix the small
buglets I found.

Recommendation

I recommend Masahito be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

Debian login: omote
Forwarding email: omote@sapmed.ac.jp